THE 2012 SEASON IS DONE!
The 2013 Season starts on January 9, 2013 -- go to:
to register and get more information!
Registration opens Dec 15 for the 2013 season.
2012 Match Results
Squad Start Times: 6:00 pm, 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm
(Remember - Please come 15-20 minutes prior to start time - to give yourself enough time to sign in, pay, and gear up. We will make every attempt to start ON TIME)
What to Expect
IDPA Winter Matches will be open to all people who can legally own a handgun, and give you a chance to learn IDPA rules, as well as practice using your self-defense handguns and holsters. New CPL holders are especially encouraged to attend.
IDPA is a shooting sport that uses practical equipment (including full charge service ammunition) to solve simulated “real world” self-defense scenarios
Shooters will follow IDPA rules and techniques; as well have the chance to practice defensive shooting skills in simulated “self defense” scenarios. We will use the following skills in a practice session (mini-match):
- Drawing from Concealment
- Shooting while moving
- Using appropriate cover while engaging targets
- Shooting from kneeling or prone positions
- Shooting at moving targets
- Emergency (slide lock) reloads
- Tactical reloads
- Low light scenarios with (and without) flashlights
What Equipment do I need?
- Service type pistol or revolver of 9mm/.38 special or lager caliber. If your handgun is suitable for self-defense use, it will probably be competitive for IDPA matches.
- Practical concealed carry type holsters are stipulated for IDPA use. A common service pistol or revolver such as a Beretta 92F, Glock 17/22, Sig 226, Colt 1911A1, S&W 686 or Ruger GP-100 carried in a common pancake style holster is all that is needed to be competitive in IDPA matches.
- Tactical-style Flashlight (will be provided if you don't have one)
- You should also bring two extra magazines (or speed loaders) and two magazine holders for your belt
- Concealment Garment
- Tactical style flashlight (one will be provided if you dont have one).
- At least 75 rounds of ammunition
Need more info?
Or call 313-399-4080